Got this from marieclaire.com thought it might be useful… 🙂
1. Forgetting what the day is really about and losing perspective. It’s only 4-5 hours of your life.
2. Not involving your significant other in the planning process.
3. Getting intoxicated the night before can seriously take a toll on you. You’re going to be on your feet for hours upon hours the next day – Get your rest.
4. Being inconsiderate. Asking your guests to wear particular color, fly to Timbuktu, or bring.
5. Not adhering to a budget. Enough said.
6. Not having a Plan B. What if it rains? Do you have a back-up plan?
7. Not knowing your officiant and your DJ really well. These are the leaders of your ceremony and reception – They should have a clear idea of your expectations.
8. Wasting Money. Is it really necessary to get the $1000 pair of shoes for your day? Figure out what are the most important things to you – and go from there.
9. A lack of personality. Couples do the same cookie cutter wedding, and don’t put any of their own style and personality into it.
10. Letting the wedding take over your life; and your friends’ lives; and your families’ lives. It’s a large part of your life, but make sure that you don’t lose too much focus over it.
By Tatiana Byron